Bounce house rental company owners should take heed.

"It was an accident," said Bob Kashou, who owns the air-bubble sports complex on Airport Road. "Thank God nobody got seriously injured."

15 people treated at the scene and 10 taken to the hospital for carbon monoxide poisoning.

The problem occurred during a fall festival for children in which five diesel generators were used to inflate a children’s bounce house, Kashou said. A few weeks ago, he talked to the festival’s organizer, Bobby K. Entertainment of Elmira, and was told the generators would be outside and that cables would be used to deliver air inside the facility. Instead, generators were placed inside the facility — the first time that’s happened since the facility opened last year, he said.

Read more…

Sphere: Related Content

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment. Login »